MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Knowledge Base

Re: slow response on listing tables in database
Posted by: Tony Freixas
Date: May 14, 2008 04:43PM

I'm seeing the same thing. If I start MySQL Administrator and look at server connections, I can see that the Query Browser is calling SHOW COLUMNS FROM 'sometable' and the spending about 2 to 3 seconds before going on to the next table. A lot of the time, MySQL Administrator shows the state as ***DEAD*** in between queries. I don't know what that means.

If I use MySQL Query Browser to connect to a MySQL 4 database, the schemas open up almost instantly. Everything had been working fine for MySQL 5.0.51a until recently. I have no idea what changed—I haven't updated MySQL or MySQL Query Browser for quite a while, so it must be an interaction with something else on the system.

Any ideas for debugging? The logs aren't useful—they just show one SHOW COLUMNS after another, with anywhere from 2 to 5 seconds in between each call.

All other operations seem to work OK. It's just opening or refreshing the schema.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: slow response on listing tables in database
May 14, 2008 04:43PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.