MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Re: Collecting ideas for MySQL Workbench 6.x-7.x Roadmap - SQL IDE
Posted by: Jay Alverson
Date: January 28, 2009 12:01PM

Things I've noticed using the existing Query Browser:

Script Tabs Display SCRIPT #1 (or whatever) in generic terms. If you use OPEN SCRIPT on the menu and the script is placed into a tab, it'd be nice to see the script name (as much as can be displayed, aka, no paths) on the tab. Same with after you SAVEAS a script that's brand-new. Nice to put the new filename on the tab.

Some of the SYNTAX highlights work some don't with respect to various built-in functions. Most editors allow the users to add these (if MSQB already does then ignore this) that way maybe a section with UDFs or Store Procedures could be added by the user from their own devising. Alternately having the new QB gather this info from the ROUTINES table and auto-configure MSQB on each startup would be a nice touch. I don't know if it can detect a new routine I just built in MSQB and add that in or not.

From the MYSQL.exe command line, a coder can use variables in queries and they work fine. Unfortunately MSQB can't. I'm talking something simple like auto-numbering result rows and such. I've tried (after seeing someone else scream) and it doesn't work in MSQB.

Logging the session would be a neat trick. Right now I use MYSQLexe running concurrently with MSQB. I create .SQL scripts in MSQB then select-all and cut & paste the contents into MYSQL.exe (I place TEE/NOTEE commands in the scripts) and it will capture the output of the script to a file. This is extremely handy.
Don't know if this is possible or not.

>

Thanks, Jay

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2009 12:04PM by Jay Alverson.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Collecting ideas for MySQL Workbench 6.x-7.x Roadmap - SQL IDE
January 28, 2009 12:01PM
February 06, 2009 07:30AM
March 12, 2009 01:38AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.