MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Re: What syntax to use for triggers - won't create them without manual editing
Posted by: Brian Sims
Date: December 08, 2008 02:16PM

That's sort of what I was doing, I was removing the delimiter // and the ending // to get the script to run.

I've replaced my ;'s with // and it fixed that problem, but has created another.

Apparently in this version of the workbench I just installed today, 5.0.28se, when it's parsing the trigger sql block, it's become case sensitive on the table name. In the mysql model tab, I had the table named WO_Line, notice the caps. In my sql for the trigger, the trigger syntax is 'on wo_line' in my code - all lower case. The workbench then put a new table name in the mysql model tab, so I had table 'WO_Line' with all my all my columns and foreign keys etc and table 'wo_line' with the trigger sql and nothing else. When the script was created, it made a create statement for table wo_line with no columns or anything else which errored out.

I went back and changed the capitalization in the code and deleted the lower case table name in the mysql model tab and it worked fine, but I'd say paying attention to capitalization in table names in sql code is a bug.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: What syntax to use for triggers - won't create them without manual editing
December 08, 2008 02:16PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.