MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Data Recovery

Re: Restore large database ERROR 5 (HY000)... Out of memory - Ever find a solution?
Posted by: C.J. Whelan
Date: April 06, 2011 11:07PM

Hello. I am wondering if anyone found a solution to this problem? I am getting the exact same error, but under different conditions. I get the error when running MySQL Server ver 5.0.45 on a 64-bit Windows 7 Pro box, and connecting to it from a 32-bit, Windows XP Pro box, using the MySQL ODBC connector version 3.51.23.

The error occurs after a relatively brief time WITHOUT much of a load at all. What is strange for me is that the above configuration is the result of a migration from using the exact same setup but with the MySQL server on a Windows Server 2008 box (the non R2 version), and it was working fine. I also have a parallel system where the server (again, still 5.0.45) is on a Win XP Pro box, and that works fine. In other words, the varible that seems to be the cause of the problem is Windows 7, but that doesn't seem likely.

I've seen some things that suggest that it might be an issue on my client side, in other words a bug in the ODBC driver, but again, why did it work (literally for years) against the Win Server 2008 box?

I'm very stumped on this one, and would be grateful to hear of any ideas or solutions.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Restore large database ERROR 5 (HY000)... Out of memory - Ever find a solution?
April 06, 2011 11:07PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.