MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/C++

Resultset::getString(string) crash.
Posted by: Martin Stein
Date: September 29, 2009 01:25PM

This is on Visual Studio 2008 on a dual-core, 32 bit Vista machine. In the debug code (using the source code compiled with CMake) this runs fine, but in Release mode this bombs:

void getFromDB(vector<string>& dates) {
sql::Resultset res = stmt->executeQuery("SELECT FROM ...");
while (res->next()) {
string date = res->getString("date");
dates.push_back(date);
} // <<< crashing here (line 56)
delete res;
}

For some reason in the release compiled (against a MySQL C++ connector DLL) this crashes at the end of the loop with a heap corruption:

HEAP[sa-ms-release.exe]: Invalid address specified to RtlFreeHeap( 024E0000, 001C4280 ) Windows has triggered a breakpoint in sa-ms-release.exe.

ntdll.dll!_RtlpBreakPointHeap@4() + 0x28 bytes
ntdll.dll!_RtlpValidateHeapEntry@12() + 0x713e8 bytes
ntdll.dll!_RtlDebugFreeHeap@12() + 0x9a bytes
ntdll.dll!@RtlpFreeHeap@16() + 0x145cf bytes
ntdll.dll!_RtlFreeHeap@12() + 0xed5 bytes
kernel32.dll!_HeapFree@12() + 0x14 bytes
> sa-ms-release.exe!free(void * pBlock=0x001c4280) Line 110 C
sa-ms-release.exe!std::allocator<char>::deallocate(char * _Ptr=0x001c4280, unsigned int __formal=32) Line 140 + 0x9 bytes C++
sa-ms-release.exe!std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >::_Tidy(bool _Built=true, unsigned int _Newsize=0) Line 2158 C++
sa-ms-release.exe!std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >::~basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >() Line 907 C++
sa-ms-release.exe!StyleData:: getFromDB( std::vector<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,std::allocator<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > > > & dates) Line 56 + 0x69 bytes C++
I think I may be violating some basic C++ rule that causes the destructor to be called on a string I want to preserve inside the vector.

If I replace

string date = res->getString("date")
with
string date = string ("2008-11-23");

everything works fine. It seems to have to do with the string returned from the MySQL C++ Connector getString() method. The returned string is destroyed and that causes the problem, I guess. But more likely something else is wrong. I am using the release (opt) MySQL connector.

The header files are read from C++ options: /I "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Connector C++ 1.0.5\include"

Linker options: /LIBPATH:"C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Connector C++ 1.0.5\lib\opt" ... mysqlcppconn.lib

And the DLL loaded is (in the PATH where I copied it from its installation directory where the connector put it): mysqlcppconn.dll C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin\mysqlcppconn.dll N/A N/A Symbols not loaded. 4 4/17/2009 15:16 74520000-74591000 [6492] sa-ms-release.exe: Native

Thanks for your help!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Resultset::getString(string) crash.
September 29, 2009 01:25PM
September 29, 2009 02:01PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.