I tried to use MariaDB which will be installed with xampp.
As I know MariaDB is like MYSQL, I am right?
Now I installed MySQL, created the user, database, table and columns. Then I inserted some data to this table.
In the MySQL Workbench I can see the umlauts, but not in my Application.
The output of show variables like 'char%'; is:
| character_set_client | utf8mb4 |
| character_set_connection | utf8mb4
| character_set_database | utf8mb4
| character_set_filesystem | binary
| character_set_results | utf8mb4
| character_set_server | utf8mb4
| character_set_system | utf8mb3
|character_sets_dir | C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0\share\charsets\
March 22, 2022 02:44AM
March 22, 2022 09:30AM
March 25, 2022 02:29AM
March 25, 2022 02:31AM
March 25, 2022 10:36AM
April 09, 2022 02:15AM
April 09, 2022 07:46AM
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders.
It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion
of Oracle or any other party.