Re: Failed Upgrade 5.6.39 -. 5.6.41 Now Mysql service will not start
Posted by: Steve Longmire
Date: October 04, 2018 12:40PM

Peter - Sorry for this delay - but neighborhood reconstruction has made things very crazy the past two weeks here.

After following your recommendations I learned the default value for 'lower_case_table_names' in Windows is 1 and not 0 as the script was trying to set. So I changed it to 1 in my.ini, saved and launched as you instructed.

hers what I got:

c:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\bin>mysqld.exe --defaults-file="C:\Progr
amData\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\my.ini" --console
2018-10-04 13:28:16 0 [Warning] TIMESTAMP with implicit DEFAULT value is depreca
ted. Please use --explicit_defaults_for_timestamp server option (see documentati
on for more details).
2018-10-04 13:28:16 0 [Note] --secure-file-priv is set to NULL. Operations relat
ed to importing and exporting data are disabled
2018-10-04 13:28:16 0 [Note] mysqld.exe (mysqld 5.6.41-log) starting as process
1032 ...

I'm not sure whether any of these messages qualifies as an error, the first seems to indicate that I've used mysql for so long that I never set explicit defaults for a timeserver stamp (whatever that involves) - The second I'd kind of expect since I started the session without any username or password specified.

So is this the part where I'm supposed to open the next cmd shutdown mysql and rerun the windows installer for mysql? The Installer window only offers the reconfigure option next to the MySQL server line.
Thank you again for your help and patience!

Steve

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.