MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Excel

Re: HOW-TO: Mac Excel 2008 and MySQL Connector 3.51
Posted by: Gabriele Boscato
Date: March 12, 2008 04:19AM

I have the same problem. I think that in order to get the MySQL ODBC connector working, we have to install one of the "Excel-compatible" non-MySQL drivers, unless there is some "trick" to avoid that.
It's annoying, indeed, but maybe it's because MacOffice doesn't come with Access "database" as the Windows version, therefore you have to pay for third party software to have database support.

Regards

EDIT:

I tried installing the Actual Technologies driver for Access (FREE TRIAL VERSION), and with the MySQL ODBC connector installed the proper way, as Erik wrote at the beginning, everything works fine.

As far as I understood, the only limit of the trial version of Actual Technologies driver for Access is that the max number of returned rows per query is 3, but it seems it doesn't affect the MySQL ODBC connector functionality, so maybe the trial version could be a solution.

Anyway, I tried this at home with a small MySQL database, with only myself as a user, so I don't know if this solves the problem also on bigger databases with a large amount of users connected.

Kind Regards,
Gabriele Boscato

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2008 02:54PM by Gabriele Boscato.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: HOW-TO: Mac Excel 2008 and MySQL Connector 3.51
March 12, 2008 04:19AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.