MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Excel

Re: MySQL for Excel installation error
Posted by: Matt Meridius
Date: March 17, 2014 07:11PM

I had the same error. If it helps, I'm running the 64-bit version of MS Office (which is not the default installation option even on a 64-bit machine). I was also trying to install the 64-bit version of MYSQL.

The solution that worked for me: Install the 64-bit version of Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime. After that, a second attempt at installing the new version of MySQL (1.2.0) was successful.

Note to MYSQL Developers: The install msi did not flag version incompatibility as a problem (and presumably should have). Further, there is a confusing page during the install process, whereby the user is informed "The following pre-requisites must be met for successful installation" and lists a few missing programs. This is then followed by a message that says "Pre-reqs are met!" (which I believed).

This is inaccurate and a big part of the problem. I didn't have any version of Vis Studio Tools installed. Nor do I have MS .NET Framework 4 installed (still don't). It turns out the absence of .NET Fx 4 didn't matter (I have a newer version). But the absence of Vis Studio mattered -- yet the install process told me everything was cool.

The msi should not give false assurances that pre-req's are met. It should also check for version compatibility.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: MySQL for Excel installation error
March 17, 2014 07:11PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.