MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Excel

Re: Cannot set Column <name> to be null. Please use DBNull instead.
Posted by: Matt Meridius
Date: April 07, 2014 11:08AM

Javier,

The bug report I initially filed at http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=72147 IS the bug report for this problem. It states that I'm unable to append records with blank strings to the database and receive an error message that says "Couldn't store <> expected type is int64."

My bug report also stated that I worked around this problem in earlier versions of MySQL for Excel by replacing the null string with the word NULL. This prompted the reply that doing so doesn't work (I promise you on my machine it does). And a subsequent comment that this approach is the wrong way to populate a null field.

Right. But the point I'm trying to get through is that I'm unable to post a null field using ANY means. Not the null string which my bug report states doesn't work, nor the word NULL which, despite claims to the contrary, is the only way I'm able to post a null field using the append command -- using an older version of your tool.

I'm not sure what else I can do. The fact that the error isn't reproducible on your machine doesn't render non-existent the bug that appears on mine.

I responded to your comment on the bug report by providing the actual formula I'm using, as requested. I also provided a list of the MySQL components/versions I have installed and raised the question of whether there's potentially a software compatibility issue but there's been no reply.

My suspicion is that there's an issue somewhere with Vis Studio Tools and/or .NET Framework. On Windows 8.1 .NET Fx 4.5 is installed with the OS and I can't help but wonder if there's a difference in the pre-installed version's behavior that is disruptive to your tool....?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2014 12:17PM by Matt Meridius.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.