MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Excel

Re: Failed connection to Mysql for Excel
Posted by: Javier Treviño
Date: January 14, 2015 05:25PM

Patryk,
Since MySQL for Excel and MySQL Workbench use different mechanisms to open a connection (their underlying technologies are different), I can only think on things like the Windows Firewall blocking connections for the MySQL Server installed by XAMP or WAMP, or something similar.

I still think there is something wrong with MySQL for Excel, so will kindly ask you to enter a bug for this, but I would also greatly appreciate your help doing one more test to complement the information that goes into the bug.

Can you please try to install a MySQL Server version different than the one already installed by XAMP/WAMP, but using the MySQL Installer for Windows? The MySQL Installer will walkthrough you on the configuration of the server, during this stage it will create the Windows Service and make it available. During the installation assign a port number different than the default 3306 one. Then attempt a connection and let us know what happens.

Sorry about any inconvenience.
Thanks.

====================================
Javier Treviño
MySQL on Windows Team

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Failed connection to Mysql for Excel
January 14, 2015 05:25PM
February 10, 2015 11:51AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.