MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Excel

Re: Save Connection to XLSX
Posted by: Peter Tufvesson
Date: December 09, 2015 09:10AM

Hello Javier,

I In Excel 2010 this is not working very well.

In Import-mode the connection is saved. But when I re-open, it fails with message "The following connections were not found: Mysql@localhost:3306" (that was the name I used). If I create a new connection, it works until next time I re-open the document.

In Edit-mode there is no "Connection" added. When I select a cell, it opens up the "MySQL for Excel" window, allowing me to commit/revert. Works well.
When I re-open the doc, and I close/open "MySQL for Excel" sidebar I can recreate the connection, and it works just as before.
After a few re-opens it is however no longer possible to recreate the connection. The window pops up, I select "Recreate", it thinks for a while, but then nothing happens. I have to manually delete the sheet, and use the wizard to re-create the sheet again.

If the sheet is re-named, the re-creation process is also confused. It re-creates a sheet with the old name.

I have also stumbled across "Out of memory" when I try to open Visual Basic.

All in all it looks promising, but not really production quality yet. Please continue to improve stability and make it even more easy to use!

Please advice when you think a more stable version can be announced.

/Peter

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
November 19, 2015 05:08AM
November 23, 2015 12:33PM
Re: Save Connection to XLSX
December 09, 2015 09:10AM
December 11, 2015 01:21PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.