MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Notifier

Re: MySQL Notifier--High Severity Error
Posted by: Javier Treviño
Date: September 25, 2013 02:02PM

Jacqy,
I still think you are getting the errors because of what I told you, there were Windows Services added that are pointing to inexistent INI files, and I am referring to the my.ini file that normally the MySQL Installer creates for every MySQL Server installation.

You can take a look to the MySQL Server services properties and verify what I am telling you. Indeed this is caused by a failed installation.

Are you able to run the MySQL Server through its service? I think the MySQL service does not start either because it will not find the config file.

If what I am saying is right then the way to get rid of the Notifier error would be to get rid of the service that is failing to start, if you delete the service the error should go away. To delete it you can do something like:

C:\>"C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.7\bin\mysqld.exe" --remove MySQL57 --defaults-file="C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.7\my.ini"

and install it manually with something like this:

C:\>"C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.7\bin\mysqld.exe" --install MySQL57 --defaults-file="C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.7\my.ini"

or reinstalling the MySQL Server via the MySQL Installer.

Regards.

====================================
Javier Treviño
MySQL on Windows Team

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
September 03, 2013 07:36PM
September 05, 2013 10:47AM
September 24, 2013 10:06AM
Re: MySQL Notifier--High Severity Error
September 25, 2013 02:02PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.