MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Re: Massive increase in InnoDB corruption issues since upgrade to 8.0.29
Posted by: Daniel Mason
Date: June 01, 2022 02:35AM

Hey,

I'm seeing a similar issue. Except it's causing table corruption (Values are randomly spread out across columns), and then attempting to alter/analyze/optimize the table causes an Assertion error.

I'm still debugging whether it's an isolated incident to a corrupt tablespace file of if it's actually an 8.0.29 issue. We've managed to replicate it on a specific data-set by attempting an ALTER TABLE x DROP COLUMN y. Adding `ALGORITHM=COPY`seems to prevent it from corrupting the table, so I suspect it's an issue with the new default of `ALGORITHM=INPLACE` on the DROP COLUMN statement. But still unsure if related to our data-set or if a wider issue.

Currently running 5 instances on this version and this is only replicating on one, and only on specific tables/columns.

If you do figure out anything more specific and raise a bug, I will be following it closely, and happy to provide any more information from my end.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Massive increase in InnoDB corruption issues since upgrade to 8.0.29
June 01, 2022 02:35AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.