MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Performance

Re: write/insert performance problem (not solved for me)
Posted by: James Day
Date: April 27, 2005 01:27AM

It appears that this is going to take more work from you to help identify the cause. To start, I'd be interested in knowing what happens if you make a complete copy of the installation and all data from the slow machine to a fast machine. Does the fast one become slow or stay fast? Then a copy from the fast to the slow and see if it becomes fast.

This to try to sort out whether it is MySQL settings, disk controller or operating system settings or maybe a RAID card with a bad drive or similar problem.

If you can get a fast machine to become slow with 4.1 or a slow machine with 4.1 to become fast with 4.0 you'll have found something I expect the developers to be very interested in.:)

If those tests aren't practical, posting the complete my.ini/my.cnf files from each machine might give some clue (remove any passwords if you have them in there, of course:)). But still too many other differences to be sure of finding a cause.

If Sergey suggests something else, believe Sergey - he's the expert.:)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
April 07, 2005 11:38PM
April 10, 2005 07:50PM
April 10, 2005 10:11PM
Re: write/insert performance problem (not solved for me)
April 27, 2005 01:27AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.