MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Re: 5.1.6-alpha NDB: Could not get apply status share
Posted by: jim shnider
Date: March 29, 2006 03:16PM

I forgot to include the message I got when I started node 2 on top of the 'starting (Phase 2)' node 3. This appeared in the mgm console:
<quote>
Node 2: Forced node shutdown completed. Occured during startphase 2. Initiated by signal 0. Caused by error 2350: 'Invalid configuration received from Management Server(Configuration error). Permanent error, external action needed'.
Node 3: Forced node shutdown completed. Occured during startphase 2. Initiated by signal 0. Caused by error 2305: 'Arbitrator shutdown, please investigate error(s) on other node(s)(Arbitration error). Temporary error, restart node'.
</quote>

only node 3 was still stuck in Phase 2.

I misrepresented the situation that followed in my last post:

<correction>
I killed node 3 and tried to start node 2. It spent a while in Phase 1, then the mgm console reported:
<quote>
Node 2: Forced node shutdown completed. Occured during startphase 2. Initiated by signal 0. Caused by error 2350: 'Invalid configuration received from Management Server(Configuration error). Permanent error, external action needed'.
</quote>

After that error, node 2 was missing from the status list and its process was not running.

My apologies. I somewhat hastily concluded my last post and forgot to review some of these details from my bash console buffer.
</correction>

I've seen in mentioned in other posts and bug reports that the number of NICs might be relevant. The Xeon machine has two Intel gigabit NICs. Only one is connected and in use. The Athlon64 has one 100Mb NIC.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.