MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Slave and master talking;slave not updating
Posted by: Jeff Jones
Date: May 06, 2005 08:34PM

Hello,

Let me first say I have checked the other pages of posts first and don't find my problem addressed.

I have been working through the excellent MySQL Tutorial book by MySQL press. I was able to get a Mac OS X and Windows XP machine(both running MySQL 4.1.*) connected and configured for replication and everything was working great. Both of these are everyday use PCs so they get shut down. I always make sure to shut down the instances before I shut off the machines.

Yesterday, I started both of them and their servers and issued the START SLAVE command on the slave. Now, it seems that both servers are aware of each other and the slave and the master are both referencing the same position in the binary log but the slave is not updating any data. When I check the Network Connection on MySQL Administrator it looks like the slave is waiting for an event and the master is waiting for the slave's I/O thread to update it.

Is there a command I can issue to get the slave acting on the logs it's reading?

I'm a newbie to databases and MySQL so pardon me if I'm not making sense or giving you vital information. I've just run out of things to try.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Slave and master talking;slave not updating
May 06, 2005 08:34PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.