MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Re: Does group replication work on WAN?
Posted by: Geroge Catalin
Date: November 23, 2017 02:43PM

Thanks for the reply Frederic

Yes, from the error log it seems to be an SSL connection issue. But what is weird is that, this problem occurs only when a slave from a different availability zone tries to join the group. When I setup all servers in the same availability zone, there are no issues. The master/primary node that started the group is basically empty, the stock databases, there should not be any issues related to transactions. I tried to do reverse engineering and read the source code from both mysql and open ssl, yeah it's either something from the certificate hash or something else. The errors from mysql are so cryptic. Anyway it seems to be open ssl error 114. I still don't understand what is actually wrong when setting this up in different availability zones with a bit of a slow network. What I saw from the source code is that mysql loops some sockets with a delay, that's why there are so many successfull connections on same host. Probably it tests if the connection can work for group replication. I don't know, way too crayptic and so few details about what's wrong. Still trying to find a solution for this without any success . I had high hopes for this plugin but keep running into all sorts of limitations and issues (that theoretically should work in any setup).

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
November 23, 2017 08:16AM
Re: Does group replication work on WAN?
November 23, 2017 02:43PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.