MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Got fatal error 1236
Posted by: Tommy Peterson
Date: December 03, 2020 07:00PM

I'm trying to fix a master slave replication set up. I have made some progress. But appears I keep repeating the same steps. Anyway, at this point I am getting this error
"
Got fatal error 1236 from master when reading data from binary log: 'Slave has more GTIDs than the master has, using the master's SERVER_UUID. This may indicate that the end of the binary log was truncated or that the last binary log file was lost, e.g., after a power or disk failure when sync_binlog != 1. The master may or may not have rolled back transactions that were already replica'"

Does this mean that the master dump I made is out of date before I got it restored to the slave? If so how do I redo this to prevent this from happening? I was hoping not to shutdown/stop master.

Here is the process I have followed:
ON SLAVE:
STOP SLAVE;

ON MASTER:
RESET MASTER;
FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK;
Exit mysql cli
mysqldump -u root -p --all-databases --triggers --routines --events > /path/to/my/dump.sql
Connect back to mysql cli
UNLOCK TABLES;

ON SLAVE
grep PURGED /path/to/my/dump.sql
mysql -u root -f -p --one-database mytargetdb < /path/to/my/dump.sql
(ignore GTID warning and let it restore)
RESET MASTER;
SHOW MASTER STATUS \G;
SET @@GLOBAL.GTID_PURGED='. . . .'; (got this value 3 steps above)
START SLAVE;
SHOW SLAVE STATUS \G;

IN UI
Test change to see if they are made in both databases

The original issue "Could not execute Update_rows event on table" . . . "last SQL Error" has been resolved.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Got fatal error 1236
December 03, 2020 07:00PM
December 03, 2020 07:08PM
December 03, 2020 07:15PM
December 03, 2020 11:54PM
December 04, 2020 04:56AM
December 04, 2020 10:37AM
December 04, 2020 11:46AM
December 04, 2020 01:16PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.