MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Announcements

Re: MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.00.08 Beta 4
Posted by: Frank Gump
Date: November 17, 2006 07:22PM

Thank you for the new MyODBC beta. However, I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can please help me with in using this. I'm using VB6 w/SP6, ADO 2.8, MySQL 5.0.27, and MyODBC driver 3.51.13 on WinXP Pro SP2. I have to use beta 13 driver build because it's the only one that seems to work okay and supports Stored Procedures (I cannot get release build of MyODBC 3.5.12 to call stored procs.) I do have some occassional issues with MyODBC 3.51.13 (as it's beta) and this is why I wanted to try a newer driver.

So, I've tried the last 2 MyODBC 5 betas and neither of them work at all! Here's what I'm doing and the erros I get:

Opening an ADO connection to MySQL like this:

Dim conn As ADODB.Connection
Set conn = New ADODB.Connection
conn.ConnectionString = "DRIVER={MySQL Connector/ODBC v5};SERVER=localhost;DATABASE=hlo;UID=root;PWD=;OPTION=3"
conn.CursorLocation = adUseClient
conn.Open

Then I try a simple select from a table

Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset
Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset
rs.CursorLocation = adUseClient
rs.Open "SELECT * FROM Client", conn
Do Until rs.EOF
Debug.Print rs!ClientID
rs.MoveNext
Loop
rs.Close

That returns an empty resultset! I've tried using server side cursors to see if that made a difference and still get an empty recordset (no errors on this one though). I tried replacing the rs.open line with Set rs = conn.Execute("SELECT * FROM Client") and it still does the same thing.

Then I tried to call a stored procedure in MySQL like this:

Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset
Dim cm As ADODB.Command

Set cm = New ADODB.Command
Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset

cm.CommandText = "qry_ClientsAll()"
cm.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc
Set cm.ActiveConnection = conn
Set rs = cm.Execute

This ERRORS on the line Set rs = cm.Execute with the following error:

Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)':
[MySQL][MyODBC 5.00.08] mismatched brace near:

This works OK with MyODBC driver 3.51.13. There is nothing fancy about the stored proc. The fact is that it doesn't work with any stored proc even a simple one.

Lastly, I tried to call a stored procedure (which has a parameter) in a different way:

Dim rs As New ADODB.Recordset

Set rs = conn.Execute("call qry_Clients('A')")
Do Until rs.EOF
Debug.Print rs!SSN
rs.MoveNext
Loop
rs.close

This time I get the error:

Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)':

[MySQL][MyODBC 5.00.08][MySQL] 1312 PROCEDURE hlo.qry_Clients
can't return a result set in the given context

I have no idea what this means. Basically NOTHING is working! Is this driver only made to work with .NET or MySQL 5.1? Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Frank

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2006 08:06PM by Frank Gump.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
November 17, 2006 01:45AM
Re: MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.00.08 Beta 4
November 17, 2006 07:22PM
November 19, 2006 03:14AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.