MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Remote connection to MySQL
Posted by: Marguerite Hendrie
Date: January 28, 2016 04:18PM

Ok Hopefully someone can tell me if this is possible.

I am trying to enable remote access to a MySQL database through an ODBC connection (using Microsoft Access as a front end).

My port 3306 is forwarded via my router to the machine hosting the database,(this is just a Windows 7 desktop machine--not a server)

the firewall is configured to allow traffic through the Port

the user has been created in MySQL with privileges granted to that database with % as the host,

I also created a user with the same name on localhost because I read that that can sometimes be a problem.

But still when I try to use the connector from a remote machine I get the error that the remote IP cannot connect to the MySQL database.

I even added another user with that particular IP (from the machine) as the host and still the same answer.

I get the same answer if I try to telnet from the remote computer using that port.

the skip-networking is commented out in the my.ini file. There is no bind-address line in the my.ini file

I use the website canyouseeme to check the port and it says it is not being blocked.

The MySQL server was installed as part of the Ampps stack

Please tell me what I am not seeing! Are direct connections just not allowed? Is it something to do with Ammps?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Remote connection to MySQL
January 28, 2016 04:18PM
February 01, 2016 11:54AM
February 01, 2016 12:16PM
February 01, 2016 12:39PM
February 01, 2016 02:58PM
February 06, 2016 04:41AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.