Re: Tools for Visual Studio 1,1 Alpha
Posted by: Ronald Forner
Date: January 28, 2007 12:26AM

I have found a workable, albeit crude solution, but I have been able to make it work.

My installed configuration:
1) MySQL Server 5.0
2) MySQL Connector Net 5.0.3
3) MySQL Tools for 5.0
4) Tools for Visual Studio

Solution:
1) Install Visual Studio Tools 1.1 Alpha
2) Goto C:\Program Files\MySQL\Tools for Visual Studio and copy the
MySQL.VisualStudio.dll to a temporary location such as <My Documents\tempMySQL>
3) Uninstall MySQL Visual Studio Tools 1.1 Alpha
4) Install MySQL Visual Studio Tools 1.0.2 GA
5) Overwrite the MySQL.VisualStudio.dll file in the
C:\Program Files\MySQL\Tools for Visual Studio folder with the file you
stored in the temporary location.
6) Start Visual Studio, create a new Windows App and add the connector. When you
add a data set, you can now drag tables onto the dataset designer or use the
wizard. And, the tables will show up in the query designer/add tables dialog.

I played around the with Register.reg file for several hours today trying to make it work without any success. This is the only way I could make it work. It appears as though whomever compiled the MySQL Visual Studio Plugin neglected to activate the registry install routines.

When you drop the dataset onto a form, it adds and initializes the DataSet, Binding Source, TableAdapter, and BindingNavigator just like using the MSSQL connector, however the DataSet is ReadOnly and BindingNavigator Save button is still disabled. It does not create the Insert, Delete, or Update methods for the table adaptor. Can anyone tell me how I can Save/Update the DataSet back to the Database?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
January 26, 2007 07:44PM
Re: Tools for Visual Studio 1,1 Alpha
January 28, 2007 12:26AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.