Re: Connection string cannot be blank
Posted by: Marcio Monego
Date: May 20, 2007 01:44PM

I had just started some asp projects and tring to debug to learn a bit and I hv received this error in projects that don't use the connector...

How I solve this?
I observed that in this project I was debuging in web.config the connection string don't have any data justa like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!-- Note: As an alternative to hand editing this file you can use the web admin tool to
configure settings for your application. Use the Website->Asp.Net Configuration option
in Visual Studio.
A full list of settings and comments can be found in machine.config.comments usually
located in \Windows\Microsft.Net\Frameworks\v2.x\Config -->
<configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0">;
<appSettings/>
<connectionStrings/>
<system.web>
<!--
Set compilation debug="true" to insert debugging symbols into the compiled page.
Because this affects performance, set this value to true only during development.
-->
<compilation debug="true"/>
<!--
The <authentication> section enables configuration of the security authentication
mode used by ASP.NET to identify an incoming user.
-->
<authentication mode="Forms">

Error:
Parser Error Message: Connection string cannot be blank.

Source Error:

Line 121: <providers>
Line 122: <add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true" applicationName="/" requiresUniqueEmail="false" passwordFormat="Hashed" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" minRequiredPasswordLength="7" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="1" passwordAttemptWindow="10" passwordStrengthRegularExpression="" />
Line 123: <add name="MySqlMembershipProvider" type="MySql.Web.Security.MySqlMembershipProvider, MySql.Web, Version=5.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d" connectionStringName="LocalMySqlServer" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true" applicationName="/" requiresUniqueEmail="false" passwordFormat="Clear" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" minRequiredPasswordLength="7" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="1" passwordAttemptWindow="10" passwordStrengthRegularExpression="" />
Line 124: </providers>
Line 125: </membership>

Source File: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config Line: 123

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Connection string cannot be blank
May 20, 2007 01:44PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.