`Terms` int(11) default '10',
`Shipping Method` int(11) default '1',
`CreditRating` varchar(50) default 'X',
`CreditAppOnFile` tinyint(1) default '0',
`CreditAvailability` int(11) default '10000',
`ActiveDate` datetime default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
`CustomerNotes` text,
`GrindingCharge` double default '0.06',
`DateModified` timestamp NOT NULL default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP on update CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
PRIMARY KEY (`CustID`),
KEY `CustID` (`CustID`),
KEY `AllenCust` (`AllenCust`),
KEY `CompanyName` (`CompanyName`),
KEY `AS400ID` (`AS400ID`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1

with the straight forward code:

custda = new MySqlDataAdapter("SELECT * FROM tblcustomers WHERE custid = " + Convert.ToString(custid), custconn);
custbld = new MySqlCommandBuilder(custda);
custda.Fill(custds,"customers");
<snipped>
custds.Tables["customers"].Rows[0]["companyname"] = newname;
custda.Update(custds, "customers");

<dataset is updated just fine, exception thrown on Update>

Here's the UpdateCommand generated from CommandBuilder:

UPDATE `tblcustomers` SET `AS400ID`=?AS400ID, `CompanyName`=?CompanyName, `AllenCust`=?AllenCust, `Address1`=?Address1, `Address2`=?Address2,
`CustCity`=?CustCity, `CustState`=?CustState, `CustZip`=?CustZip, `CustCountry`=?CustCountry, `Min Freight Weight`=?MinFreightWeight,
`MinFreightOverride`=?MinFreightOverride, `MinTrimBoxes`=?MinTrimBoxes, `Terms`=?Terms, `Shipping Method`=?ShippingMethod, `CreditRating`=?CreditRating,
`CreditAppOnFile`=?CreditAppOnFile, `CreditAvailability`=?CreditAvailability, `ActiveDate`=?ActiveDate, `CustomerNotes`=?CustomerNotes,
`GrindingCharge`=?GrindingCharge, `DateModified`=?DateModified WHERE `CustID` <=> ?Original_CustID AND `AS400ID` <=> ?Original_AS400ID AND
`CompanyName` <=> ?Original_CompanyName AND `AllenCust` <=> ?Original_AllenCust AND `Address1` <=> ?Original_Address1 AND `Address2` <=> ?Original_Address2 AND
`CustCity` <=> ?Original_CustCity AND `CustState` <=> ?Original_CustState AND `CustZip` <=> ?Original_CustZip AND `CustCountry` <=> ?Original_CustCountry AND
`Min Freight Weight` <=> ?Original_MinFreightWeight AND `MinFreightOverride` <=> ?Original_MinFreightOverride AND `MinTrimBoxes` <=> ?Original_MinTrimBoxes AND
`Terms` <=> ?Original_Terms AND `Shipping Method` <=> ?Original_ShippingMethod AND `CreditRating` <=> ?Original_CreditRating AND
`CreditAppOnFile` <=> ?Original_CreditAppOnFile AND `CreditAvailability` <=> ?Original_CreditAvailability AND `ActiveDate` <=> ?Original_ActiveDate AND
`CustomerNotes` <=> ?Original_CustomerNotes AND `GrindingCharge` <=> ?Original_GrindingCharge AND `DateModified` <=> ?Original_DateModified;
SELECT `CustID`, `AS400ID`, `CompanyName`, `AllenCust`, `Address1`, `Address2`, `CustCity`, `CustState`, `CustZip`, `CustCountry`, `Min Freight Weight`,
`MinFreightOverride`, `MinTrimBoxes`, `Terms`, `Shipping Method`, `CreditRating`, `CreditAppOnFile`, `CreditAvailability`, `ActiveDate`, `CustomerNotes`,
`GrindingCharge`, `DateModified` FROM `tblcustomers` WHERE (`CustID`=?Original_CustID)

I attempted to simplify the update command object by limiting the first WHERE to just the primary key, and that didn't work either.

I don't know if this is related, but with my new version of MySQL, I need to initially run the command "SET CHARACTER SET utf8;" to get anything to work. I will be attempting this code on a different version of MySQL soon.

IRONICALLY, the command builder works fine in a another program (using nearly identical code) on this simpler table in the same database:

CREATE TABLE `tlkpterms` (

`TermsID` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
`TermsDesc` varchar(50) default NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`TermsID`),
KEY `TermsID` (`TermsID`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1

Hopefully this sheds light somewhere!
MartinJ

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.