“Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow” error upon MySQLConnection.Open()
Posted by: Fabricio Rodriguez
Date: December 13, 2012 07:52AM

Setup:

Windows 7 SP1 64 bit Visual Studio 2012 MySQL .Net Connector 6.6.4

I have a vb .net WinForm app which connects to a MySQL server using the MySQL .Net Connector. When the code where I open the connection executes, i.e.:

Dim mySQLcon As New MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection("SERVER=www.tadirect.co.za;DATABASE=tadirq_db1;UID=********;PASSWORD=********;")
mySQLcon.Open()

At the mySQLcon.Open() line I get the following exception:

System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Authentication.MySqlAuthenticationPlugin.HandleAuthChange(MySqlPacket packet)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Authentication.MySqlAuthenticationPlugin.Authenticate(Boolean reset)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Authenticate(String authMethod, Boolean reset)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Open()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Create(MySqlConnectionStringBuilder settings)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnection()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.TryToGetDriver() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()
at TAD_Automator.modWebsite.UpdateMySQLDatabase_Cases(Boolean bSilent)}

I have tried changing the build from Any CPU to 32 bit as well as 64 bit but it made no difference... Any ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
“Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow” error upon MySQLConnection.Open()
December 13, 2012 07:52AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.