Re: Running Multiple Instances via MXJ / MBean
Posted by: Eric Herman
Date: March 10, 2007 12:19PM

Hello Andrew,

I agree that the best thing for you and everybody is to have the vanilla code-base support multiple instances. No question about it.

I'm sorry to hear about the blank page result of the "Contributor's Agreement" ... I'll try to find out on Monday whether or not it really went through. If not, I'll ask someone in our Community team to help figure that out. On the other hand, if it did, then take a look at what you did to work around the bug. Either way, I'll try to let you know what I learn.

In the mean time, I took a look at the C/MXJ source .... A quick glance showed the problem clearly: the MBean was holding on to a pre-created instance of the MysqldResource. It was using this resource to get a list of server options (and their default values). However there was no need to "lock in" to any of those values. That was clearly a problem for things like "base-dir" and "data-dir", so I changed SimpleMysqldDynamicMBean to use Factory rather than hold on to a single instance.

I expect more work will need to be done to really support those values on start-up, but some testing will shed light on that. My schedule is currently very tight, but hopefully I'll be able to get some testing time in this week.

Cheers,
-Eric

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.