MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Perl

Re: perl help on nested queries
Posted by: John-Scott Atlakson
Date: August 04, 2006 07:19PM

Thanks so much for the tips. Obviously I just needed to get away from the computer for bit so I could think more clearly. I noticed I had many problems with my previous script. First, as you pointed out, in the bit:
$sth2->execute($match->{lat},$match{long});
I totally overlooked that I had written the two values differently. Changing it to $match->{long} made all the difference in the world. The script was able to run. However, I also goofed and had it running an INSERT when I clearly needed an UPDATE (adding coordinates to addresses I already have). With these goofy errors out of the way, I increased the LIMIT to 10 to test it out. Apparently, I still need to sort out how I'm nesting these statements. The script ran for way too long. I killed it and looked at my table and it was SETting every 'latitude','longitude'= to the geocode results for the first geocoded address! Well, I'll keep plowing through this and try my best to solve my own problem, but thanks again for your tips...I'll keep trying to wrap my head around it all. Like I said, been at this for less than 24 hours now.

Cheers

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: perl help on nested queries
August 04, 2006 07:19PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.