MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Re: How do I upload My access data base to an Mysql account
Posted by: Nick Roper
Date: August 06, 2004 09:54AM

Hi Alex,

No problem.

Once you have converted your database to MySQL then you will need to connect the website to it. This can be done in a number of ways, but probably the most common is to use PHP on the server. The advantage of PHP over other connectivity technologies is that it is pretty much platform independent - so you can develop on one platform and deploy the production site on another. It is also easy to migrate from say a Microsoft based server to Linux. I guess at the end of the day it's down to what you feel comfortable with, but I'd go for PHP every time.

There are lots of books on the subject - 'PHP and MySQL Web Development' - ISBN 0-672-32525-X for example.

You can also use something like Dreamweaver to generate the php code for you but, if you really want to get a feel for any programming language, then there's no substitute for learning how to write the code yourself.

Let us know how you get on.

regards,

Nick

--
Nick Roper

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: How do I upload My access data base to an Mysql account
August 06, 2004 09:54AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.