MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Stored Procedures

Re: Stored Procedure to create table
Posted by: Mike Demaris
Date: July 14, 2022 08:57AM

Phill,

I understand what you are saying, and I don't disagree, however the original tables are auto-generated by month and year, the columns and data looking like this:

tagid | intvalue | floatvalue | stringvalue | datevalue | dataintegrity | t_stamp
53 null 866.1231558786465 null null 192 12345678978413132

the primary key consists of tagid and t_stamp.

The data written to these tables comes directly from the machines and controllers. So far I have found from 190k to 400k records in any one table.

What we want to do is move them to another schema to clean things up a bit, then perhaps, find a solution to use a single table for reporting purposes. However, I am not sure that the HMI (human machine interface) would be able to correctly read the recent data accurately.

Anyway, the goal is to create a stored proc that I could use to recreate the tables in another schema, then perform batch inserts, say like 50-100k at a time to reduce server traffic and resources.

Mike

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Stored Procedure to create table
July 14, 2022 08:57AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.