Synchronisation of MySQL with C# and MS Access
Posted by: Occo Eric Nolf
Date: May 11, 2006 12:59PM

Looks like I could use some help - someone must have had a problem like this before :)

I'm in the process of migrating MS Access databases to MySQL, mainly because it's the last thing I need to do before I can scrap Windows and run Linux exclusively.
However, I'm running into a problem concerning character sets and collation.

I use C# programs (developed in Visual Studio 2005 on a 64-bit platform) to create text files which can be uploaded to databases later on.
The C# programs producing the text files do some (non-binary) sorting of character strings.

Uploading of the text files to the databases, both in Access and in MySQL, is no problem.
However, queries from both databases are not the same: the MySQL database (defined with the UTF-8 character set and standard collation) sorts character strings in a different order than MS Access.

For my purposes it's vital to have identical character sets and collation methods in the C# programs and the databases.
Problem is that it's very difficult to find out what character sets C# and MS Access actually use.

So, the question is: does anyone have an idea how to synchronise the character sets and collation methods in C#, MySQL and MS Access?
All suggestions are welcome - thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Synchronisation of MySQL with C# and MS Access
May 11, 2006 12:59PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.