Re: Oracle 8.1.7 to MySQL: problem with SP and sequences
Posted by: Philip Busch
Date: August 24, 2005 09:28AM

Hi Mike,

I upgraded to 1.0.14-rc. Your approach of seperating foreign key constraints looks promising, but there's still the problem of missing or incomplete INDEXes in referencing and referenced tables. Maybe the easiest solution would be to add an INDEX for every FOREIGN KEY constraint to each referencing/referenced table which indexes the appropriate column?

Additionally, the "Creation Results" error overview is now enriched by two more errors, "Duplicate key name 'foo'" and the quality error message "Can't create table 'foo.frm' (errno 121)".

I can't tell the difference between those two, the corresponding tables actually look pretty similar.
Maybe it helps if I just post some CREATE TABLE statements?

Greets,
Philip

PS: there are two minor errors, both of which are of no interest at all for me personally:
(1) the MT still doesn't specify a key length for MEDIUMTEXT columns in PRIMARY KEY definitions (who would make a PRIMARY KEY from a MEDIUMTEXT column anyway?)
(2) the MT won't start if it's installed in a directory other than the default directory recommended during installtion

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Oracle 8.1.7 to MySQL: problem with SP and sequences
August 24, 2005 09:28AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.