Re: Oracle 8.1.7 to MySQL: problem with SP and sequences
Posted by: Cory Weston
Date: September 11, 2005 07:29PM

I am having a similar problem. Oracle 9i to mySQL

I know nothing about Oracle, except that I want to leave it behind. I need to get the tables and views out. I am hoping the views can be migrated into mySQL 5.

Using MT release 1.0.17 rc I had the error:

The schema could not be reverse engineered (error: 10008).
The function did not return an object.

I do not need to get sequences and stored procedures out and even took the, probably ill-advised, step of dropping all the sp's and seq's from the test copy of the Oracle database (this was not good for the views) I will be starting over with the complete Oracle database since the problem was not resolved by dropping the sp's and seq's anyway.

In the meantime I have I have tried release 1.0.18 rc

The error is now:

The schema could not be reverse engineered (error: 10008)

Here is what the log file (Java2Grt_com.mysql.grt.modules.BaseJava.java2GrtXmlLogging.xml) contains:

-
<data>
-
<value type="dict">
<value type="int" key="value">1</value>
</value>
</data>

The last part of the message log:

Fetch count of stored procedures of the schema GISOWN.
SELECT COUNT(*) AS NUM FROM ALL_PROCEDURES p WHERE p.OWNER=? ORDER BY p.OBJECT_NAME
Fetching 0 stored procedure(s) of the schema GISOWN.
SELECT p.*, (SELECT max(s.TYPE) FROM ALL_SOURCE s WHERE s.OWNER=? AND s.NAME=p.OBJECT_NAME) as TYPE FROM ALL_PROCEDURES p WHERE p.OWNER=? ORDER BY p.OBJECT_NAME
SELECT TEXT FROM ALL_SOURCE WHERE OWNER=? AND NAME=? ORDER BY LINE
Stored procedures fetched.
Fetch the number sequences of the schema GISOWN.
SELECT COUNT(*) AS NUM FROM ALL_SEQUENCES WHERE SEQUENCE_OWNER=?
Fetch 0 sequence(s) of the schema GISOWN.
SELECT SEQUENCE_NAME, MIN_VALUE, MAX_VALUE, INCREMENT_BY, CYCLE_FLAG, ORDER_FLAG, CACHE_SIZE, LAST_NUMBER FROM ALL_SEQUENCES WHERE SEQUENCE_OWNER=?
The schema could not be reverse engineered (error: 10008).

Thanks for your efforts. I suspect that there are lots of us wanting to make this migration.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Oracle 8.1.7 to MySQL: problem with SP and sequences
September 11, 2005 07:29PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.