Re: Migrating from MS Access to MySQL
Posted by: stepher r
Date: December 25, 2005 02:23PM

I considered your suggestion about using Eclipse and decided that it would just add another unknown variable to my already unknown situation. I did some further study and tried a couple of changes to the information I provided for the migration and went to a smaller Access DB to check out the results. Lo, and behold, the transfer worked, flawlessly.

The 2 changes I made (and I'm not sure which one, if either, really solved the problem) are 1) providing a user name for the Access DB even tho I have no password security set since I am the only user on my system, 2) I set another Access system table, "MSysRelationships", to Administer (under the "Tools/Security/Users and Group Permissions"). The instructions for preparation of an Access DB mentions setting only 2 tables, "MSysObjects" and "MSysQueries", but one of the messages I got early on mentions about being unable to determine relationship information (tho, these may be completely unrelated to each other).

One other thing I realized is the need for patience (in my case, anyway). It turns out the DB that I am trying to migrate takes more time than I thought (based on my experiment with the smaller DB).

Anyway, I am now on the "migration" path :)

Steph

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
December 16, 2005 07:53PM
Re: Migrating from MS Access to MySQL
December 25, 2005 02:23PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.