MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Source, Builds, Binaries

Re: MySQL 8.0.16 on Fedora/PPC64LE : I see issues, inc. hangs
Posted by: Tony Reix
Date: August 19, 2019 08:17AM

As I said in first post, on Fedora/PPC64LE, I first built MySQL and ran MySQL Tests in DEBUG mode under root, and I got:
disabled : 21
skipped : 818
fail : 89
pass : 4031
hangs : 3

Now, I've built MySQL and I ran the tests in RELEASE mode under not-root, and I got:
disabled : 18
skipped : 1416
fail : 7
pass : 3518
hang : 0

The differences are:
- About 600 more tests are skipped in RELEASE mode
- About 500 more tests are run in DEBUG mode
- For now, I got hangs only in DEBUG mode on PPC64LE (but never on Fedora/x86_64 still in DEBUG mode under root)

On Fedora/x86_64, still in DEBUG mode under root, I have 42 failed tests, 41 common to those on Fedora/PPC64RE.
Out of these 42 tests failing in DEBUG/root mode, only 5 of them also fail in RELEASE/notRoot mode. All other 37 tests do pass in DEBUG/root mode.

Conclusion:
- either being root does make several tests to fail, or compiling in DEBUG mode makes changes that lead to 37 tests to fail. Thus, I have to run the tests in DEBUG mode and not root.
- moreover, I should not see hangs, even in DEBUG/root mode, I think.
- MySQL tests should be run in DEBUG and then RELEASE mode in order to cover all tests (4120 tests instead of only 3525).

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.