MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Re: Cannot connect from localhost, but can connect from other machine
Posted by: Alexander Herpel
Date: May 07, 2012 02:07PM

Thank you for replying.

The trailing colon was just a typo by me. I cannot see that any parameters are wrong, because I can connect to the database from my Netbeans program, and I can connect from another computer (different user, not the 'root'account). I have tried setting up different accounts on localhost, but none can connect. I can log into ER modelling and editing thing's there with the connection using 'root' account on the localhost...

I tried editing the hosts file, adding bind parameter in the my.ini file and many others found on the net. Nothing seems to make me able to connect via Workbench.

The really odd thing is that the day I set up the database and got everything up and running there were no errors. But the next day I could not connect, and I have not changed any settings (firewall etc.)

I will try uninstalling everything and deleting every service and folder still left after uninstall, then do a fresh install.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.