permission issue for remote user
Posted by: Tony sar
Date: January 17, 2021 02:55PM

Hello.
I am using Magento 2 .. needed to have database on separate system , Installed Mysql 8 on latest Ubuntu vps . created the dump and loaded the Dump to new server . my connection and almost everything with this new setup is working . however,
there seems that , each time i add new product to this database , in order for the items shows up on the site , i have to Index the DB. i have created the user like so
CREATE USER 'username'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
I have granted all privileges to this user. but this users seems lacking some permissions to the database .

I have compared the structure of old database vs new . the only difference is that on older server , I have 1 view and that was not imported into new database due to permission , nor at this point I can create it again due permission issue for the remote user.

Now, i am very new to all this and I have read almost everything that I could find and tried all the suggestion .

thought pop in to the forum dedicated to MYSQL and hope some one can tell me what is wrong before i uninstall and reinstall the server .

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
permission issue for remote user
January 17, 2021 02:55PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.