Re: permission issue for remote user
Posted by: Tony sar
Date: January 17, 2021 04:44PM

Thanks for reply.
I looked into error.log .. just same warning about remote Ip address ( my web server ) being the same as revers address. nothing else .
Problem that I have noticed installing Mysql on Ubuntu server. I can not log into mysql as root. ( access denied ) i have noticed that almost always when i have installed mysql . but if i type sudo mysql , i get the access as root ??

I found no issue from magento 2 end as well . all comes done to permission with mysql db for the remote user .

this is how i installed mysql 8 .
using apt get install mysql-server .
then
sudo mysql_secure_installation

in mysqld.cnf i bind to server IP so only my webserver can access database and no access from any remote location .

added user with '%' and granted all privileges for this user for magento database.
although everything is working but yet something seems to be missing that ( SELECT Permission ) ?? that i have to reindex magento database in order to display new product that was added . switched back to the original database on localhost and i have no issue as i do with remote server .

any suggestion as the correct way to install mysql8 and adding users with right privileges ?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
January 17, 2021 02:55PM
Re: permission issue for remote user
January 17, 2021 04:44PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.