MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Re: Unstable links to MySQL database from Access
Posted by: Jim Hanley
Date: January 19, 2005 09:22AM

Okay, I added the line to the code, but what I noticed is that it already has the correct value, before and after going through the "Linked Table Manager"... So after adding the line of code, I wasn't surprised when it showed no change in behavior.

What I didn't notice before is that after starting the application, the first time I go through the "Linked Table Manager", selecting the tables to be refreshed and clicking "OK", Access will bring up the "Select Data Source" window, and I have to explicitly select the DSN. After that it works fine, up untill I close Access and reopen the application.

I'm not sure how or why it beleived this information to be lost since I can get that information from tbl.Connect value on startup...

My only guess now is to make a new DSN and see if that works... any other ideas would be great... at this point I'm really at a loss for what the deal is.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.