MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Unstable links to MySQL database from Access
Posted by: Brett Bavar
Date: January 06, 2005 02:33PM

I have successfully linked to my MySQL database in Microsoft Access, but the linked tables do not work after closing and re-opening the file.

I first used the Access to MySQL converter from Intelligent Converters to convert my Access database to a MySQL database. It seems that the data was converted successfully. I installed the MyODBC 3.51 driver and created a User DSN to connect to from Access. I then linked to the tables in my new MySQL database through that DSN connection.

Now, as long as I do not close the database, the connection works fine. However, after closing the database file and re-opening, I cannot open any of the tables. Instead, I get the following message:

ODBC--connection to 'MySQLserver' failed.

The only way I have found to get the tables to work again after this has happened is to refresh the tables with the Linked Table Manager and re-select the DSN all over again.

Did I do something wrong? What can I do to fix this?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.