MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Stored Procedures

Re: When is an INSERT DETERMINISTIC?
Posted by: Haravikk Kh'arr
Date: August 06, 2017 03:51PM

Sorry, but you appear to be quoting the very documentation that is confusing me; it references input parameters, but what exactly is an input parameter in this case?

If it's the key and name I pass into a CALL for `insert_user` then for the same inputs there will always be a row with that name and key, either creating one, or touching one that is already there. Therefore the result to me seems like it's the same for the same inputs.

So is that DETERMINISTIC, yes or no? If not, why not? And more importantly, why doesn't that damned documentation explain either way? I've found other threads on here from years ago with people asking the same question and seeming not to get definitive answers; the documentation is frankly useless at describing when, or when not, to use the DETERMINISTIC keyword, it seriously needs to be elaborated upon.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
August 06, 2017 01:21PM
Re: When is an INSERT DETERMINISTIC?
August 06, 2017 03:51PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.