MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Migrating MySql from Debian to Windows
Posted by: Bill Jour
Date: July 23, 2014 04:41PM

I'm not gonna dwell too too much on it anymore because this stuff is basically anticlimatic at this point....with your help I have pretty well accomplished just about everything I set out to when I started this thread.

Having said that, could a batch file like the one below possibly work if i set it up in Task Scheduler?

<< for /f "tokens=1-3 delims=/- " %%a in ('date /t') do set XDate=%%a%%b%%c
echo MySQL backup for %XDate%:
if exist %1\mysqlbak%XDate%.sql del %1\mysqlbak%XDate%.sql
"PATH_TO_MYSQL\bin\mysqldump" -uUSR -pPWD -A --add-drop-database -K -E -R >%1\mysqlbak%XDate%.sql

... where PATH_TO_MYSQL is the path to the mysql installation, and %1 is where the backup is to be written, passed to the batch file as a param.>>

Also, Google hasn't been my friend today when trying to figure out why Mutt\Sendmail won't send backup emails to Hotmail, (with attachments or without).....I've spent most of the day trying one thing after another but no success...any quick and dirty fix that you can think of?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Migrating MySql from Debian to Windows
July 23, 2014 04:41PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.