MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Migrating MySql from Debian to Windows
Posted by: Bill Jour
Date: June 04, 2014 12:03PM

Hello Forum members....I belong to a Church which had all it's records in a MYSql database on a Debian Linux server...the computer crashed and won't boot but the files on the hard drive are readable when I connect it to a Windows computer as a secondary drive. (I had to download a program that would mount the Linux drive in a Windows environment so that I could view them)

The previous computer person who was looking after things has left the area and cannot be reached for questioning...basically what I am trying to do is move the database from Linux to Windows but I don't even know where to begin.

I discovered that the database tables are in MYD, MYI and FRM format and I can see them on the hard drive but don't have the foggiest on how to open them from there....ideally I would like to import them into Microsoft Access if that is possible but once again, don't know where to even begin. Any replies on how to sore out this mess would be greatly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Migrating MySql from Debian to Windows
June 04, 2014 12:03PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.