MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Another Possible Solution: MySQL Error Number 1045 Access denied
Posted by: Meryll Larkin
Date: August 12, 2008 04:38PM

My MySQL client is on MS Vista. After (as root on MySQL on Linux) creating correct user account, setting correct host and password, granting correct privileges, downloading and installing the MySQL GUI on Vista (32 bit in my case), opening the administrator and adding the hostname, password, to my profile in the MySQL administrator I got this error.

I pinged from my Windows client to Linux and pinging worked. I sshed into my Linux mysql host from my Windows client. That also worked. Then I had the strangest idea.... I logged into my mysql user account from my ssh terminal. THAT worked. I tried again from the Windows GUI client and THAT WORKED!!!!

I can only conclude that there must be some config file that needs to be created (by simply logging in) on the Linux side before the Windows client can work. If you've tried everything else and haven't tried this; it is worth testing.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
March 06, 2007 11:22PM
February 20, 2008 06:17AM
August 04, 2009 09:05PM
December 15, 2005 12:56AM
Another Possible Solution: MySQL Error Number 1045 Access denied
August 12, 2008 04:38PM
March 03, 2009 11:07PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.