Problems migrating from Progress 9.1D05 to Mysql 4.1.9 using generic jdbc
Posted by: Thorbjørn Weidemann
Date: August 01, 2005 02:29AM

Progress is running on a linux server. Mysql is running on my local Win XP machine where the migration toolkit is also running.

1)To be able to connect to the source database I had to copy the 2 files o4glrt.jar and jdbc.jar from the Progress installation into the java/lib directory of the Migration toolkit installation directory. These files are in my CLASSPATH and I am able to run java programs using Progress jdbc access, so I dont understand why this copying should be necessary?
2)During the conversion phase I got a lot of mapping problems. I found that all INTEGER fields could not be converted. I “solved” this by adding a section to the GenericDatatypeMapping.xml file in the xml subdirectory of the Migration toolkit installation directory (using the “key="targetDatatypeName">BIGINT</value>” section as a template, changing _id to something unique, setting name to progressint and sourceDatatypeName to INTEGER). This made the mapping phase run with no errors. These are the 4 relevant lines:
<value type="string" key="_id">{9E536CDF-D717-466D-A080-658AE764803B}</value>
<value type="string" key="name">progressint</value>
<value type="string" key="sourceDatatypeName">INTEGER</value>
<value type="string" key="targetDatatypeName">BIGINT</value>
3)Now, in the “Object Creation Options” step, when choosing either to create a script, og do online conversion I get a DOS window spamming these 2 assertion errors in an endless loop:
** (process 1544): CRITICAL **: file .\source\myx_grt_value.c: 1355: assertion `dict != NULL' failed
** (process 1544): CRITICAL **: file .\source\myx_grt_value.c: 3112: assertion `list != NULL' failed

I realize my tampering with the xml file may be the cause of this, but I couldnt find any other way to avoid the mapping errors.

Any help would be appreciated.

regards Thorbjørn

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Problems migrating from Progress 9.1D05 to Mysql 4.1.9 using generic jdbc
August 01, 2005 02:29AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.