Re: Problems migrating from Progress 9.1D05 to Mysql 4.1.9 using generic jdbc
Posted by: Michael G. Zinner
Date: August 03, 2005 07:21AM

Hi,

strange. When you tried first, did you specify the username and password directly in the connection string?

I have uploaded a small update for you.

ftp://ftp.mysql.com/pub/mysql/download/MT-1.0.12-Patch.zip

The zip includes 3 files.

* RdbmsInfoGeneric.lua needs to be placed in .\lua
* the .java and .class file needs to be placed in .\java\com\mysql\grt\modules

I simply added an advanced option for generic connections in RdbmsInfoGeneric.lua

-- advanced parameters
grtV.insert(driver.parameters, __RdbmsInfo_lua.getDriverParameter(owner, "skipVersionDetection", "Skip version detection",
"Skips version detection as a workaround for broken drivers.", "boolean", -1, 318, "", 1, 0))

You can access it by pressing the [Advanced >>] button on the source connection page.

Then, in the Java code i have added

String skipVersionDetection = dbConn.getParameterValues().get(
"skipVersionDetection");

if ((skipVersionDetection == null) || !skipVersionDetection.equals("1")) {

But if this is not the cause of the problem it will not make much difference. But it is the only thing that got changed in that file. So its really strange.

Do you have Eclipse installed? If so, please start he Migration Toolkit from the command line with the -debug argument. Then import the Eclipse project located .\java, let it rebuild the .class files and start a remote debugging session.

Host: localhost
Port: 8000

Then you should be able to normally debug.

Mike

Michael Zinner, Team Lead, Developer Tools
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Are you MySQL certified? www.mysql.com/certification

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Problems migrating from Progress 9.1D05 to Mysql 4.1.9 using generic jdbc
August 03, 2005 07:21AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.