Re: Problems migrating from Progress 9.1D05 to Mysql 4.1.9 using generic jdbc
Posted by: Michael G. Zinner
Date: August 02, 2005 12:41PM

Thorbjørn,

thanks for you input. I have addressed both your issues and am currently uploading the 1.0.12 release.

The problem with the script output was caused by the renaming of "procedures" to "routines". I missed to replace some names that still included "procedure".

The problem with the indices was in the generic reverse engineering code. The detection of multible index columns missed to store the current index name, so it created a new column for each index.

Till the mirrors have catched up you can download the new release from

ftp://ftp.mysql.com/pub/mysql/download/mysql-migration-toolkit-1.0.12-rc-win32.msi

If you still have any issues, please discuss them here.

The Migration Toolkit uses its own classpath because we cannot relay that the users have set the CLASSPATH system variable. But you can set the classpath with the -classpath command line argument.

Same is true when you use the grtsh.exe or xgrtsh.exe to execute scripts.

Your addition of the new mapping type was correct. I planned to add an editor for GenericDatatypeMapping.xml but did not have time to work on it yet.

Mike

Michael Zinner, Team Lead, Developer Tools
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Are you MySQL certified? www.mysql.com/certification

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Problems migrating from Progress 9.1D05 to Mysql 4.1.9 using generic jdbc
August 02, 2005 12:41PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.