Re: missing lib error when installing MEM monitor agent
Posted by: Dayo Lasode
Date: March 08, 2018 07:04AM

Thanks Andy

I gave it another go (as the root user) with some digging around and I think I might have found the issue. see the path below after another failed installation

root@dbbox1:~# tail -3 /tmp/bitrock_installer.log
Unable to create symbolic link /opt/mysql/enterprise/agent/java/lib/amd64/server/libjsig.so -> ../libjsig.so
There has been an error.
Unable to create symbolic link /opt/mysql/enterprise/agent/java/lib/amd64/server/libjsig.so -> ../libjsig.so
root@dbbox1:~#

The file is obviously not there but it's actually located at:

root@dbbox1:~# ls -l /opt/mysql/enterprise/agent/java/lib/amd64/libjsig.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 11052 Dec 20 05:24 /opt/mysql/enterprise/agent/java/lib/amd64/libjsig.so
root@dbbox1:~#

I checked the server running the monitor and as you said, the file is located in the correct path (see below) so I suspect this only affects the agent?

root@memsrv:~# ls -l /opt/mysql/enterprise/monitor/java/lib/amd64/server/libjsig.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 Mar 2 10:55 /opt/mysql/enterprise/monitor/java/lib/amd64/server/libjsig.so -> ../libjsig.so

Regards

Dayo

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: missing lib error when installing MEM monitor agent
March 08, 2018 07:04AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.