MySQL ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Posted by: willians nogueira
Date: November 03, 2018 08:56PM

I can't make the connection between my java application and Mysql 8.

I didn't change anything in my java program and the connection worked perfectly with Mysql 5 version.

I was using user : "root" and password "root" like always did. The connection between java app and MySQL 8 failed for this user. But was ok between Mysql 5.x and java.

I created another user with another password and the connection between java app and Mysql 8 failed again.

When I enter Mysql via Toad framework using the above two users and passwords, I could make the connection without any problem.

But not with my java application, from where I received the message : "MySQL ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) "

The same message for the second user I created.

The connector/J was mysql-connector-java-8.0.13.jar

Could anyone tell what has been the problem ?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
November 03, 2018 08:56PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.