MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Re: Error Nr. 1045 Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (Using password: NO)
Posted by: Russell Gooday
Date: July 14, 2009 10:29AM

Well that's a chunk of my life I want back. I haven't read all posts here, just the first 20 or so frustrated ones. I'm no expert so my solution was very much trial and error.

What I did was uninstall mysql. I then removed the data folder manually from the previous install. I checked services to see if mysql had in fact gone and also checked processes.

I then reinstalled selecting custom and changing the folder to c:/mysql(as I did previously).

This time when it came to configuration I selected the 'detailed option'(I think it is), rather than the standard option. Being that I'm only editing a basic enough website, it was pretty much a case of okaying all the top default options. When it came to the password I entered the password and confirmed password. i then executed no problem.

I checked in cmd.

cd \mysql\bin
mysql -uroot -p
password? ****** (<-my password from the config)

and all was tickadeeboo

The only other issue I had was that I couldn't get phpmyadmin to run. PHP couldn't connect to the database and was giving me a 'Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client'

The reason I think is that I'm running PHP 4.4.7

An easy fix though

in the cmd, once logged in

mysql> SET PASSWORD FOR root@localhost = OLD_PASSWORD('yourpasswordfromconfig');

All sorted. phpMyAdmin running just fine and able to edit my user settings etc.

Hope this helps.

RG

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Error Nr. 1045 Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (Using password: NO)
July 14, 2009 10:29AM
August 23, 2010 05:37AM
October 08, 2010 02:25PM
October 15, 2011 11:03PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.