MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Re: Error Nr. 1045 Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (Using password: NO)
Posted by: Linda Ruiz
Date: May 16, 2006 08:36AM

FWIW: I'm a total newbie, so my guess is as good as yours. I also have not yet tried to install in any Linux distro - just XP.

Guess 1: I think if you edit the mysql.conf? file in etc/rc? to add the skip statements from the post: http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?11,58696,70362

Guess 2: I am assuming you used a mysql root password other than the default right? What I also did was change the mysql root password I had to one that doesn't use any of the following characters: !@#$%^&*() - as they appear to be reserved in the help docs. I then reran the configuration to delete the previous config and create a brand new one with my modified mysql root password.

Hope that helps, let me know if any of those worked as I am looking at installing mySQL to CentOS in the near future.

Thanks,
Linda :)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
August 23, 2010 05:37AM
October 08, 2010 02:25PM
Re: Error Nr. 1045 Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (Using password: NO)
May 16, 2006 08:36AM
October 15, 2011 11:03PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.